Instagram users can temporarily disable their account to hide their profile, photos, comments, and likes until they want to reactivate it by logging back in. They can also put in a request for the permanent deletion of their account, after which Instagram takes 90 days to completely remove the account.
How do I delete my Instagram account before 7 days?
To deactivate your Instagram account temporarily follow the steps below:
- Open Instagram’s website on your browser (Instagram.com)
- Log in to your account.
- Go to your profile and click edit profile.
- Scroll down till you see the “Temporarily Disable My Account.”
- Choose a reason for leaving Instagram.
Can you delete Instagram immediately?
Instagram.com from a computer:
You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app. Click your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile. Scroll down, then click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
Do you have to wait a week to delete Instagram?
However, there is one restriction. Instagram currently only allows you to disable your account once per week. So if you disable it, log back on, and then decide you want to disable it again, you’ll have to wait a week to do so.
How long do you have to wait to disable Instagram again?
It should be noted that Instagram suggests waiting a minimum of 24 hours after deactivating your Instagram account to reactivate it, as the deactivation process takes roughly a day to complete.
How can I delete my Instagram account after a week?
Sorry you just can’t. You can only deactivate your Instagram account once a week. You can disable it again once it’s been activated again however you have to wait 5 hours to activate the account once you deactivate it.
Why does it take a month to delete an Instagram account?
Instagram says the deletion process typically takes about one month although “copies of your content may remain after the 90 days in backup storage that we use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event.
How do you delete your Instagram on your phone?
How to Remove Instagram Account From App
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Security’
- Click ‘Saved login information’
- Turn OFF ‘Saved login information’ (and choose ‘Remove’ on additional popup)
- Go to ‘Settings’, scroll down and select ‘Log Out’ (then click ‘Log Out’ twice more on the following 2 popups)
How do I hide my Instagram account?
Set your account to private
- Go to Instagram’s settings menu. It’s hidden away on your profile page behind the hamburger button in the top-right corner. …
- From there, go to “Privacy” > “Account Privacy” and activate the “Private Account” setting.
Can I disable my Instagram account for 3 months?
To temporarily disable your Instagram account:
— Log in to instagram.com from a computer. — Click your profile picture in the top right and click Profile, then click Edit Profile. — Scroll down, then click ‘temporarily disable my account’ in the bottom right.