When one of your Twitter followers sends you a direct message containing text or links he obviously didn’t author — advertisements for drugs or products, for example — this is an indication that his account has fallen victim to the Twitter DM virus.
How do I stop Twitter from sending spam?
To help avoid this happening again, try changing your Twitter password regularly and / or making it more complex (include numbers as well as letters, and avoid obvious word choices). It’s a good idea to check the Applications tab regularly, and revoke access to any apps you don’t remember authorising, or no longer use.
How do I restrict websites on Twitter?
Click the + icon below the “Never allow these websites” section. This will add a new line to the “Never allow” list. Type www.twitter.com into the new line on the list. This way, you can block all access to Twitter in Safari.
How do you make T Co Link?
Simply copy and paste a URL into a tweet, reply, or DM, and t.co will automatically convert it into a tiny URL of 23 characters or less. This helps keep your tweets under the character limit so you can add more to your post.
How do you get suspicious content on twitter?
Twitter will hide messages that might be suspicious or contain suspicious URLs (e.g. spam-related). You can let us know if the message is OK or if it is spam: Tap the “suspicious content” warning to view the Message.
What is considered spam on Twitter?
Spam is a form of platform manipulation. We consider platform manipulation to be activity that is intended to negatively impact the experience of people on Twitter. This includes unsolicited or repeated actions. Spam can include malicious automation and other forms of platform manipulation such as fake accounts.
Does Twitter automatically shorten URLs?
About Twitter’s link service (http://t.co)
Links shared on Twitter, including links shared in Direct Messages, will automatically be processed and shortened to an http://t.co link. Learn how to shorten links. Please note: anyone with a t.co shortened link will be able to navigate to the destination URL.
To find your tweet URL, view your profile page on Twitter, mouse over your tweet, and click on the timestamp in the top right corner: When the tweet opens in its own page, copy the URL in your browser’s address bar – this is your tweet URL: Using an iPad?
How do you comment on Twitter without tweeting?
How to hide a reply
- From a reply to one of your Tweets, click or tap the icon.
- Select hide reply and confirm.
- To view your hidden replies, click or tap the hidden reply icon which will be available in the bottom-right of your original Tweet.
How can I block websites?
How to Block Any Website On Your Android Phone
- Install ES File Explorer. …
- In this folder, you’ll see the file named hosts – tap it and in the pop up menu, tap text. …
- Tap the edit button in the top bar.
- Now, you’re editing the file, and to block sites, you want to redirect their DNS. …
- Reboot your Android device.
How do I block twitter on Chrome?
How to Block Social Media Websites in Google Chrome
- Install the Dayboard New Tab To Do List and Site Blocker extension.
- Open a new tab and add your top priority tasks for today.
- Visit the Blocked Sites tab under Extension settings (Click on the icon in the bottom left corner.)
How do I block certain websites on my Iphone?
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode.
- Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content.
- Choose Unrestricted Access, Limit Adult Websites, or Allowed Websites Only.