This may happen if someone has used your phone to log into Instagram and then linked their Facebook and Instagram accounts. To relink your Instagram account with your Facebook account: Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
Why is my Instagram name connected to Facebook?
From a Google search, the easiest answer that I have found is this: “If you haven’t already, enter your Facebook login information. By default, your Instagram account will link to your personal Facebook Timeline. To link to a Page instead, tap Facebook again and choose a Page that you manage below Share to.”
To unlink your Facebook account:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts center at the bottom, then tap your name at the top.
- Tap your connected account, then tapRemove from accounts center.
- Tap Continue, then tap Remove [Username].
There isn’t an option that allows you to disconnect your Facebook account and your Instagram page on Facebook. In fact, the only way to unlink the two is by using the Instagram app on mobile devices.
To add or change the Facebook Page that is connected to your Instagram business account:
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Select Edit Profile.
- Under Public Business Information, Select Page.
- Tap Create Facebook Page or Connect an Existing Page.
As mentioned above, Instagram automatically picks up the Facebook profile that is registered with the Facebook app on your phone. If you want to change the Facebook account, you need to log out from the Facebook app first (if installed).
You can link your Facebook and Instagram accounts if you want to publish Instagram posts directly to your Facebook account. When you link your accounts, it will also alert your Facebook friends that you’re on Instagram, which makes it easier to gain followers.
How do I remove my real name from Instagram?
Tap your Profile icon in the bottom-right corner. Next, tap “Edit Profile.” Tap the text box next to “Name,” and then tap the Delete icon (x) to remove your current display name. Now, type your new name.
How to unlink two Instagram accounts
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android and head to your profile page.
- Tap the three lines in the top-right corner, and then select Settings.
- Tap Login Info.
- Tap the three dots next to the account you want to unlink, and then tap Remove.
How do I stop Facebook from syncing with Instagram?
Select the Facebook profile. It will reveal the Remove from Accounts Center option, set in red fonts. Tap Remove from Accounts Center to unsync your Instagram account from Facebook.
Step 1: Go to your profile and tap settings. Step 2: Tap account, then tap linked accounts.
How to Disconnect Instagram DMs from Facebook Messenger
- In your Instagram app, go to Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Go to Messages.
- Under “Message Controls,” find the “Others on Facebook” option and tap on it.
- Select “Don’t receive requests.”