When you set up your Facebook page, you enter the name of your page and choose from six main page categories (which all have their own subcategories). The category you choose allows you to have specific features, as shown in this helpful chart from Facebook’s Help Center.
How many categories can a Facebook page have?
Best Practices to Choose a Category for Your Facebook Page
When you set up your Page, you can select up to three categories for your business. If you are not able to add a category, it may be because it is a general category that has already been included in your specific selection.
Which category is best for FB page?
Facebook Page Types – Select the Best Category for Your Business
- Local Business or Place.
- Company, Organization or Institution.
- Brand or Product.
- Artist, Band or Public Figure.
- Cause or Community.
What are the categories on Facebook page?
When you first go to create a page, there are six large boxes to pick from. These are “Local Business or Place”, “Company, Organization or Institution”, “Brand or Product”, “Artist, Band or Public Figure”, “Entertainment”, and “Cause or Community”.
How do I categorize my Facebook page?
To edit your Page’s category:
- Log into Facebook from a computer.
- Switch to the Page you want to use, then from your Page, click About.
- On the left side, select Contact and Basic Info.
- Below Category, click .
- Start typing a category and select an option from the dropdown list that appears. …
- Click Save.
How do I add a category to my shop on Facebook?
To create a collection:
- From your Page, click Publishing Tools.
- Under Shop, click Collections.
- From Publishing Tools, click + Add Collection.
- Name the collection and choose if you want it to be publicly visible.
- To add products to the collection, click + Add Products.
- Click Save when you’re done.
How can I create a Facebook group?
How to create a Facebook Group
- Choose your Facebook Group name and privacy setting. To start, click on “Group” under the “CREATE” section at the bottom of the left sidebar on Facebook. …
- Fill out your Facebook Group’s info. …
- Add or invite friends and promote your Facebook Group. …
- Link it to your Facebook Page.
What is category and subcategory?
As nouns the difference between subcategory and category
is that subcategory is with respect to a given category, a more narrow category while category is a group, often named or numbered, to which items are assigned based on similarity or defined criteria.
Can I change Facebook Page category?
Switch to the Page you want to use, then from your Page, tap About. Scroll to the bottom, then tap See All About. Next to Category, tap Edit. Select a suggested category or start typing a category and select an option from the dropdown list that appears.
Can I change my Facebook business page to a group?
You can’t turn a Facebook Page into a Closed / Private / Secret Group. What you can do though, is create a Closed Group that is linked to your Page, and invite your Followers to join that Group.
How do I know if my Facebook page is a business page?
A Business page typically has a list of tabs underneath the profile picture that include additional information about the business, including About, Services, Reviews, Photos, Videos, and more. A A Business page also gives you the option to Like or Follow the page, A Personal page does not include these tabs.