Details. Twitter Official API has the bother limitation of time constraints, you can’t get older tweets than a week.
How far back can Tweepy go?
The standard API only allows you to retrieve tweets up to 7 days ago and is limited to scraping 18,000 tweets per a 15 minute window. However, it is possible to increase this limit as shown here. Also, using Tweepy you’re only able to return up to 3,200 of a user’s most recent tweets.
Is it possible to get old tweets?
Method 1: Twitter advanced search
Login to your Twitter account, and go to Twitter’s advanced search page. 5. To see every tweet from that period, click on the “Latest” tab. This should return a list of every tweet you sent between the “from” and “until” dates you specified.
How do I get all tweets from a user Tweepy?
Extract someone’s tweet using tweepy
- This blog post is to remind myself the simple useage of the tweepy. …
- Importing necessary python scripts.
- Select the userID.
- extract the latest 200 tweets using api.user_timeline.
- Show the extracted 3 latest tweets. …
- Extract as many past tweets as possible. …
- Save the tweets into csv.
What can Tweepy do?
Tweepy is a Python library for accessing the Twitter API. It is great for simple automation and creating twitter bots.
In this tutorial we will be covering:
- Get tweets from our timeline.
- Creating and deleting Tweets.
- Follow and unfollow users.
Is Twitter scraping legal?
Yes it is legal to scrape data available on twitter. For analysis and understanding the market trend you can scrape twitter data. Lots of people came for us and demanded Twitter data for sentiment analysis.
How do I get my Twitter Tweepy?
Python Tweepy – Getting the ID of a user
- Identify the user screen name of the profile.
- Get the User object of the profile using the get_user() method and the user name.
- From this object, fetch the id or id_str attribute present in it.
Where can I see my old tweets?
Go to https://twitter.com/search-advanced. Enter “From these accounts” icon under “People” and type your username. Use the pop-up calendar tool and select the date range of the tweets you are looking for. Click the “Latest” button to see your old tweets from this period.
How do you go back to your first tweet?
How to Find Your First Tweet
- Visit your Twitter profile to find the date for when you joined Twitter.
- Use Twitter’s advanced search to add your Twitter account and a date range (perhaps the month you joined to three months after?) to find your first tweets.
How do you find old tweets on mobile?
How to Find Old Tweets on Android
- Open the Android Twitter app and log-in your account.
- Click the search tab in the lower section of the page and type “from: [username]” to find your old tweets.
- If you are looking for the old tweets of a certain user, type “from:” and then the user’s username.
How many tweets can be extracted using Tweepy?
Tweepy provides the convenient Cursor interface to iterate through different types of objects. Twitter allows a maximum of 3200 tweets for extraction. These all are the prerequisite that have to be used before getting tweets of a user.
How can I download all tweets from someone for free?
Here’s how you can download your Twitter archive:
- Login into your Twitter account.
- Click on the option ‘More’, then click on ‘settings and privacy’
- Now under the ‘Your Account’ section, click on ‘Download an archive of your data’
- Now click on the request archive option.
What is status in Tweepy?
The Status object in Tweepy module contains the information about a status/tweet. Here are the list of attributes in the Status object : created_at : The time the status was posted. id : The ID of the status.
Are twitter bots illegal?
Automated Retweets often lead to negative user experiences, and bulk, aggressive, or spammy Retweeting is a violation of the Twitter Rules.
Is Tweepy a library?
Tweety is a collection of Java libraries that provides a general interface layer for doing research in and working with different knowledge representation formalisms such as classical logics, conditional logics, probabilistic logics, and computational argumentation.
How long does a Twitter developer application take?
It usually takes a day or two, or sometimes more, for your application to be reviewed by Twitter.