From twitter.com or the Twitter for iOS or Android app, tap on the compose Tweet button. Click or tap Everyone can reply next to the globe icon to choose who can reply to your Tweet.
Can you tweet a message to someone?
Click on the share icon from a Tweet on your Home timeline or from a Tweet detail. Note: A protected Tweet cannot be shared through a Direct Message. Select Send via Direct Message. From the pop-up menu, Enter a name of the person you wish to send the message to or choose from the suggested account list.
How do you tweet a response?
What Is a Twitter Reply?
- Navigate to the tweet you want to respond to and select the Reply button underneath (it looks like a chat bubble).
- A new message window appears. Type your reply into the box.
- Select Reply to send.
How do you tweet a thread on Iphone?
How to create a Twitter thread
- Open the Twitter app on your device.
- Write your first tweet then tap the blue + button in the composer.
- Write you second tweet. Tap the blue + button and continue writing until you’re finished.
- Tap the blue Tweet button in the upper right hand corner to send your tweet thread.
How do DMS work on Twitter?
To send a Direct Message via the web
- Click Messages in the left navigation bar.
- You’ll see your Direct Message history. …
- In the address box, enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the people you wish to send a message to. …
- Click Next.
- In the message box, you can include a photo, video, GIF, or emoji via Direct Message:
What are tweet chats?
What are Twitter chats. Twitter chats are scheduled, recurring conversations usually hosted by the same accounts. They can be monthly or weekly but a key component is that they always happen at the same time. Each chat is designated by its own hashtag and often features a single broad topic.
How do you tweet someone not following you?
If you want to send Tweets such as mentions or replies to people who are not following you, unprotect your Tweets to make them public. If you’re not the sender or recipient of a reply, you may still see a reply to someone else in your timeline.
How do you write a tweet example?
The perfect tweet is:
- Front loaded. Put the most important words at the start of the tweet to catch a follower’s eye.
- Scannable. Write simply and concisely. …
- Specific. Make your content valuable and useful. …
- Active. Use strong verbs and skip the adjectives and adverbs.
- Focused. …
- Compelling. …
- Short. …
- On brand.
Do you still need a period in front of a Twitter handle?
The new rules let you start a new tweet with a Twitter handle without the need to add a period. If you do reply to someone, but still want every single follower to see the reply, you’ll also be able to retweet your own reply to all of your followers. … For now, though, nothing is changing with Twitter.
How do you follow a Twitter thread?
On a mobile device, tap the button on the bottom right that looks like a quill with a plus sign, and have at it. If you go over the character maximum while composing a tweet, press the plus button at the bottom of the screen to continue your thought in a follow-up tweet, a series of which is called a thread.
Who can see my tweets if I have no followers?
Did you know that unless you have a private account people who don’t follow you can still see your Tweets? Even if you don’t have followers, your Tweets can be seen by anyone using the platform! You may be wondering ‘who can see my Tweets if I have no followers?! ‘
How many tweets is a thread?
Twitter gives you the ability to add up to 25 tweets in a single thread. And each tweet in that thread can feature images, GIFs, polls, etc. just like a standard tweet does. It’s a great way to expand on a conversation and it can even help get older tweets noticed if you create a thread out of one later on.
What is tweet embed?