Rick’s answer: Your friends are right, Billie. Facebook no longer displays the “Share” button on posts that have their privacy levels set to “Friends”. Unfortunately, there’s no way to force the “Share” button to appear on posts that you mark as “Friends. That’s just the way it is now.
To try out the Share button, go to m.facebook.com and scroll through the feed until you see a story about a link, photo, video, or public status update posted by one of your friends or Pages you Like. The Share button is in the bottom right next to the Like and Comment buttons.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
How to Add a Facebook Share Button: To generate a Facebook Share Button, visit https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/share-button and specify the URL you want people to share as well as the width. Then generate the code, and paste it into your site where you want the button to appear.
Step 1: Tap “Share” on the post you’d like to share. From here, you have multiple options: Option 1: If you want to quickly share the post to your own timeline, select “Share Now.” Option 2: If you want to add your own comment to a post before sharing it, select “Write Post.”
Make sure the first pull-down menu says Share On A Page You Manage. If it doesn’t, click on the arrow and select this option. Next, make sure the second pull-down menu directly below displays your Page (especially if you manage more than one). … Change the third pull-down menu to the right so you are Posting As yourself.
How To Create Your Own Share Links
- 1) Go to http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com/.
- 2) Choose the social network you want people to share your content on.
- 3) Fill in the blanks.
- 4) Download a social button icon.
- 5) Make the icons clickable using your share link.
How to Block Share on Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook account, go to the “Account” menu and select “Privacy Settings.” …
- Go to the “Sharing on Facebook” section and click the “Customize Settings” link near the bottom.
- Go to the “Things Others Share” section and edit the settings you want to change.
As a refresher, on Android phones, the “share” button looks like a “less-than” sign, with a circle at each point, whereas on iPhones, it’s an arrow pointing out of a rectangle. But no matter which platform you’re using, the purpose of the button is the same—to share whatever you’re looking at with other people.