There is no Facebook app for a Mac. Instead access it via a web browser.
How do I install Facebook on my Mac?
- Open a web browser such as Safari, Firefox or Chrome on your MacBook.
- Enter “Facebook.com” in the search bar, and press the “Enter” key on your MacBook’s keyboard.
- Enter your email address and password in the appropriate fields, and click the “Log In” button to connect your MacBook to your Facebook account.
Can u download Facebook on a Mac?
More about Facebook Desktop
It’s available for users with the operating system Mac OS X and prior versions, and you can download it in English. … About the download, Facebook Desktop is a not that heavy software that will not require as much space than the average program in the category Internet software.
Is there an official Facebook app for Mac?
Facebook Messenger desktop Mac and Windows app now available globally, here’s how to get it. (Pocket-lint) – Facebook has officially announced that its new native desktop Messenger app for Mac and Windows is available globally, and anyone can now download and install it.
Why can’t I get Facebook on my Mac?
Try Facebook after Safari is updated. If that didn’t help, you may have a Safari extension or third party plug-in installed that’s causing a conflict with Facebook. From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Uninstall one extension then quit and relaunch Safari to test.
What is the best Facebook app for Mac?
- Facebook Messenger for Firefox.
- Messenger Lite for Facebook.
How do you download an app on a MacBook Air?
How to download apps for Mac
- Open the App Store app.
- Browse or search for the app that you want to download.
- Click the price or Get button. If you see the “Open” button instead of a price or Get button, you already bought or downloaded that app.
How do you download Google Chrome on a Mac?
Install Chrome on Mac
- Download the installation file.
- Open the file called “googlechrome.dmg.”
- In the window that opens, find Chrome .
- Drag Chrome to the Applications folder. You might be asked to enter the admin password. …
- Open Chrome.
- Open Finder.
- In the sidebar, to the right of Google Chrome, click Eject .
Is Facebook free on Mac?
Is Facebook 4 Mac free to download? One notable benefit of this software bundle is that it is absolutely free to use (much like Facebook itself).
Is Safari not supported by Facebook?
The browsers Facebook does support: Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera. … Safari is the Apple browser for every iPhone user on the planet. Facebook wants that kind of power, too, and is purportedly planning its own mobile phone that could ostensibly include the Safari browser.
Is Safari supported by Facebook?
Safari is one of the most popular web browsers, especially when it comes to macOS and iOS, although it can also be used on other platforms, such as Windows or Android. … Many users complained about Facebook problems with Safari.
How do I open Facebook on Safari?
iPhone guide: open Facebook links in external browser
The surefire method is to open up the link, then tap on the triple-dot menu either at the top right (Facebook) or bottom right (Messenger) and choose “Open in Safari”.