We take spam and abuse seriously. Using phone numbers to verify identity is one way to protect our community and combat abuse. We use the phone number to send you a verification code. We also make sure the phone number is not being used on many different accounts.
Is verifying your phone number on YouTube safe?
According to YouTube, the phone verification method for YouTube Accounts is designed to protect YouTube community from spam and abuse. While this is a valid reason, there are users who do not like the idea of using their personal phone numbers to verify online accounts.
Is a YouTube account safe?
Do you need a phone number for a YouTube account?
Can I get a YouTube channel without using a phone number? It is the only way you can verify your account. You can receive a text message or voice call to a cellphone and you can also use a landline to receive a voice call. There are no other options.
Can people see my number on YouTube?
Hide your subscriber count
By hiding your subscriber count, it won’t be publicly visible to others on YouTube. … Go to YouTube Studio. Click Settings Channel. Advanced settings.
What does verifying your YouTube account do?
If a channel is verified, it’s the official channel of a creator, artist, company, or public figure. Verified channels help distinguish official channels from other channels with similar names on YouTube.
1 Answer. Yes, it is feasible. Do an internet search for something like “video decoder vulnerabilities h265”. Plenty of vulnerabilities have been found and patched over the years.
Can YouTube channels be hacked?
Since at least 2019, hackers have been hijacking high-profile YouTube channels. Sometimes they broadcast cryptocurrency scams, sometimes they simply auction off access to the account.
What happens if a YouTube channel is hacked?
If you notice any of the following, your Google Account may have been hacked, hijacked, or compromised: Changes you didn’t make: Your profile picture, descriptions, email settings, AdSense association, or sent messages are different. Uploaded videos that aren’t yours: Someone has posted videos as your Google Account.
How can I verify my YouTube account without a phone?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Log in to your YouTube account and click on the Settings option on the left sidebar.
- Select View Additional Features within your Account section.
- Click on the blue button that says Verify.
How do you get verified on YouTube?
How to verify a YouTube account
- Find Settings in the options on the left side of your screen. …
- Click View additional features under Your account. …
- Click Verify under your name. …
- Select your country and verification code delivery method. …
- Have your phone ready and click Confirm. …
- Enter your phone number.
How do you delete an account on YouTube?
How to delete a YouTube account
- Sign in to the account you wish to delete.
- Go to advanced account settings.
- Select delete channel.
- Select I want to permanently delete my content.
- Confirm you want to delete your channel.
- Select delete my channel.