Why is there a problem with my Instagram inbox?
If you cannot see the messages, or Instagram DM is not working it can be due to Instagram newest update. … Sometimes a full cache or device memory won’t let new messages download and be displayed. If clearing the memory and cache doesn’t work, then updating the phone’s OS and/or reset factory might work.
How do I fix my messages on Instagram?
Fix Instagram Direct Messages Not Working
- Check Instagram Servers. …
- Enable Mobile Data for Instagram (iPhone) …
- Force Stop Instagram (Android) …
- Clear Instagram Cache. …
- Relogin Instagram. …
- Use Instagram Web. …
- Use Threads from Instagram App. …
- Start Messages Conversation in a Different Way.
How do I refresh my inbox on Instagram?
How to update Instagram messaging
- Start the Instagram app and tap the DM icon at the top right of the screen. Tap the DMs arrow. …
- You should see a pop-up screen that invites you to upgrade to Messenger. Tap “Update.” …
- You’ll see a page indicating your messaging has been updated. Tap “Continue.”
Why can’t I see my DMs on Instagram?
There can be many causes for missing DMs. The most common issue is lag, but it can also be a software-related problem. Try to check your DMs on a different device, or the browser version of the app. If you can check your DMs from the browser then try reinstalling the app on your phone.
How long does Instagram DM block last?
However, an account will be blocked from sending more messages for 24 hours after sending 50-100 DMs in a single day. The account doesn’t get blocked, though – it’s just rendered unable to send messages for a day.
Why does Instagram automatically delete chats?
One of the main reasons that Instagram direct message disappeared is that the other recipient that you were chatting with, has blocked you. … Therefore, when you are blocked or even you have blocked a person, you cannot see the conversation in your direct messages inbox. To block some on Instagram, click here.
Why did my DM conversation on Instagram disappear 2020?
It is unsent by the sender
Instagram has lately added a new feature to remove a message that the person has already sent. In this case, if the sender unsent it before you open the conversation, you won’t be able to see the message, and it disappears.
How do I clear my cache on Instagram?
The Settings app has a built-in way to clear the cache.
- Open the Settings app and tap Storage. Open the Storage menu. William Antonelli/Insider.
- Select Other Apps, and then find Instagram in the list of apps and tap it. Your apps will be sorted by how much space they take up. …
- Tap the Clear Cache option.
Why can’t I respond to messages on Instagram?
Before this update, Instagram users could only react to DMs by double-tapping on a message and only using the heart emoji. … Generally, you need to take 4 steps to react to message on Instagram: Update the app to the latest version. Open one of your conversations.
Where are my Instagram messages?
You can also check your direct messages using Instagram on a web browser.
- Go to the official Instagram website and log in.
- Select the Messenger icon.
- Your current conversations appear in the left pane. Click a conversation to open it in the right pane.
- Type a message in the message bar.