You can send messages to anyone on Facebook. Messages you send to people you’re not friends with may arrive in their Message Requests folder. Your messages also won’t reach people who may have blocked you on Facebook chat or Messenger. Was this helpful?
Can anyone send me a message on facebook messenger?
You can send a message to anyone on Facebook, regardless of friend status or privacy settings. The only exception applies to members you’ve blocked and those who’ve blocked you. … With basic filtering, members typically receive all messages in the main folder of their inbox.
How do you control who can send you messages on Facebook?
To control who can send you a message request and where they send it to in your Messenger settings:
- Open your Messenger app.
- From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- From the menu, tap Privacy.
- Tap Message Delivery.
- Tap on the people you want to control messages for.
How can someone message me on Facebook without being friends?
As long as someone has their privacy settings set such that people who are not their friends can message them, you can message them! You can either go to their profile by clicking “Message” or selecting “Send new message” from the messaging drop down at the top of the screen or from the messages page.
How can I change who can message me on Facebook 2020?
Change who can send me friend requests, leave me comments, or send me messages
- Go to privacy settings. …
- Under Who can contact me, use the sliders to select a level— No one, Some Messenger friends, All Messenger friends, Messenger friends and their friends, or Everyone.
- Click Save.
How do I stop strangers from messaging me on Messenger?
On Facebook Messenger: Open a chat with the person > Click the “i” icon in the top right > Choose “Mute,” “Ignore Messages,” or “Block.” On Instagram: Navigate to the person’s profile > Click the three-dot icon in the top right > Choose “Restrict” or “Block.”
How do I make Messenger private?
How do I start a Secret Conversation in Facebook Messenger?
- From the tab, tap.
- Tap Secret in the top right.
- Select who you want to message.
- If you want, tap in the text box and set a timer to make the messages disappear.
Why is someone I’m not friends with on Facebook on my Messenger?
a person will be showing active you if they are not friend with you. you have messaged them recently or you have chatted them some time before or you poked them or you wave them a hi, That’s why they will be showing active in your active friend list.
Can’t message a friend on Messenger?
If you see “This person is unavailable on Messenger” when trying to chat with someone, they might have blocked you. It could also mean that they’ve deactivated or deleted their Messenger account, or been banned. In some cases you might not see this error, and instead you’ll just be told your messages can’t be sent.
Where are messages from non-friends on messenger?
Where to Find the Requests Folder After Facebook Messenger’s v4 Update
- When you get messages from non-friends on Facebook Messenger, they go to a “requests” folder. …
- From there, tap the other person-looking icon in the upper right corner.
- And there it is in the top row: Requests.
Who can send me friend request on Facebook?
How do I change who can add me as a friend on Facebook?
- In the bottom right of Facebook, tap .
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Settings.
- Scroll down to Audience and Visibility and tap How People Find and Contact You.
- Tap Who can send me friend requests?
- Tap Everyone or Friends of friends.