Scroll to check out the site
Branding / Website Design / Photography / Print Design
Magnolia’s came to Treehouse knowing that their website needed an update, but they were lacking direction on what would truly appeal to their client base.
For over 20 years, Magnolia’s Restaurant and Catering in Macomb, Illinois has been known for their creative, high quality menu items and welcoming atmosphere. Their online presence didn’t reflect their reputation for quality, and they knew they were in need of a change.
- Develop a brand that resonates with Magnolia’s Restaurant’s target market and differentiates them from the competition.
- Design and Develop a website that clearly communicates why Magnolia’s is the best in their industry and offers an easy way for restaurant guests to access information.
- Create a streamlined process for potential clients to find information on event catering services
The project began with identifying what makes Magnolia’s stand out from their competition:
- Reputation in the community for high quality food and service
- Dedication to supporting their community and including fresh, locally-sourced ingredients in their menu
- Creative menu items that are inspired by the owner’s Southern roots
Those three aspects of the business are what the brand, website, and copy would be built around. Once we had the building blocks identified and in place,
we could get to work on the rest of the project. The next step was creating a visual identity and brand language that communicates and enhances the business’s market positioning.
magnolia’s logo refresh
The Magnolia’s logo was originally created by the owner of the restaurant, but it needed a modern update to match the exciting new brand and website. We refreshed the logo by using a fun, modern serif font: Vidaloka. The font was also used for the headlines of the website and catering guide. We kept the oval concept from the original logo, but added more white space to create a cleaner look.
Website Design & Development
We brought the new Magnolia’s brand to life through their website. The focus was on creating a user-friendly, mobile-optimized site that allowed potential customers to easily find restaurant information, menus, and catering information. We compiled catering information into a print-friendly catering guide and directed all potential catering clients to that guide. We also ensured that the website was optimized for search engines so that we capture the business of visitors to the Macomb area who were searching for a restaurant.
After just two weeks with the new website, Magnolia’s began to see some great results:
- 29% increase in website visitors
- 49% increase in traffic from Google
- Moved up an average of 60 positions in Google
- Ranked on the first page for “Restaurants in Macomb, Illinois”
traffic from Google
Position increase in
If you’re ready to grow your business with results like these, contact Treehouse Creative for brand development, website design, and digital marketing strategies that convert.